Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Tired of the Chatter

Hello Again,

Two posts in one day...must be the new girl!

Before the meat of post begins I want to give you some background.  I am currently completing my bachelors degree in Business Management and am enrolled in an online class.  For this class we have to complete weekly discussion boards where we communicate with our classmates on any topic that we choose ie. current events or what we have been learning in class. 

Before sitting down to work on homework, I of course, got on facebook and I literally about threw my computer off the table. My frustrations lead me to write the following:

Tired of the Chatter

Have you ever longed for silence, quiet, peace? I am not talking about the literal meaning of silence as in I wish my husband would stop talking, or my child stop screaming, but a difference silence. The one where we as Americans stop debating every single hot topic to its death. Guns are bad, Guns are good; Gay marriage is illegal; Gay marriage is legal; Raise taxes, lower taxes, cut spending; and on, and on and on. Ever just think for one second. 
KNOCK IT OFF... ALL OF YOU!
Am I the only one over here about to lose my ever-loving mind?
When did we become a society so obsessed and consumed about being right? We are in fact so consumed with the idea of never being wrong that we will take down any thing or any one along are rampage way. I mean seriously you cannot turn on the TV or open facebook without someone going off the handle about something our society is doing wrong. And along this trail they insult not only someone else but their own intelligence.

We've become so consumed with the fight and being right.  But what if we are all wrong?  What if the point of this is not to win but to lose?  Lose the attitude. Lose the better than thou mentality. And admit for once in our freaking lives that we might either 1. Be wrong or 2. Unable to control the outcome of the debate. 
What if we are called to lose. I know we are called to not want anything of "this" world. 1 John 2:15 says, "Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them." 
When my name is called and I leave this earth I take NOTHING with me. Not my physical body, my house, my children, my guns,my marriage, NOTHING. So in all reality none of this stuff matters. I know this rocks my world a bit, but as an American and more importantly as a christian, I think its time we step back and realize its not ours to lose.
By losing we inturn win.  We win the reassurance that this world is a nasty place and not our home. That we are called to so much more than all of this. Romans 12:2 says it beautifully:
"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing, and perfect will." 

Trust me, I am a winner, and normally a right-wing conservative who would debate you on just about anything. But through facebook (yes facebook is not all evil) God has been rocking my world.  What if I really lived my life out as through it was to lose? I think as Americans we sometimes are so spoiled we do not know "true" persecution. 
But what if, in order to win, or have our faith be a living example, we must lose? All I know is I am tired of the chatter?

No comments:

Post a Comment